The Grierson Award winning and BAFTA nominated factual entertainment thriller, Celebrity Hunted, will return to Channel 4 this year for a brand-new fifth series as ten more famous faces go on the run as fugitives, hoping to evade capture by the Hunters.
The celebrity fugitives taking part in the series for Stand Up To Cancer are confirmed as:
- Comedians and hosts of the Off Menu Podcast, Ed Gamble and James Acaster
- Strictly Come Dancing star Katya Jones and best friend, TV presenter and former Olympic snowboarder Aimee Fuller
- Life-change experts Nik and Eva Speakman
- Social media and Strictly Come Dancing star Saffron Barker and TV Mathematician Bobby Seagull
- Broadcaster and Coronation Street actress Nicola Thorp and boyfriend, and Starstruck and The Devil’s Hour actor, Nikesh Patel
The ten celebrities will attempt to stay off the radar and remain at large for two weeks as a new crack team of hunters try and hunt them down. With former police officers, intelligence, and army personnel hot on their tail and faces recognisable across the UK, will they be able to remain undetected?
The celebrities will be taking part for Stand Up To Cancer, the joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4.
Ian Dunkley, Commissioning Editor for Factual Entertainment at Channel 4 said, “We are delighted to be bringing back one of the most thrilling nationwide chase games with an esteemed group of celebrities supporting the amazing efforts of Stand Up To Cancer.”
Tom Hutchings, Executive Producer for Shine TV added, "Get ready for the adventures of our best set of celebrity fugitives ever as we release them, for the first time, in epic prison break-out style! Expect the unexpected as our fugitives enlist the help of their celebrity friends, hide out in the most daring locations and get chased around the UK by our fearless team of Hunters, headed up by Chief Lisa Theaker."
Celebrity Hunted for Stand Up to Cancer will air at the end of March.
To give £40, £30, £20 or £10 text FORTY, THIRTY, TWENTY or TEN to 70404. To find out more about Stand Up To Cancer and how you can support, visit channel4.com/SU2C
Celebrity Hunted for Stand Up To Cancer is produced by Shine TV, part of Banijay UK and the Executive Producer is Tom Hutchings. The Series Editor is David Sutton and Series Producer is Mark Wildash. The series is commissioned for Channel 4 by Ian Dunkley, Commissioning Editor, Factual Entertainment.
For interview requests and more information, please contact:
Rachel Gordon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About Stand Up To Cancer (UK)
- Stand Up To Cancer is a joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 that brings the UK together to speed up progress in life-saving cancer research
- Supported by the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) in the US and launched in the UK in 2012, Stand Up To Cancer funds translational research, turning academic breakthroughs in the labs into new treatments that make a real difference for people with cancer.
- More than £93 million has been raised in the UK to date, funding 64 clinical trials and projects involving more than 13,000 cancer patients
- Research projects include the development of pioneering technology to detect super low levels of cancerous DNA in blood to improve the way we diagnose ovarian cancer, developing a new immunotherapy drug to boost the power of the immune system against cancer, exploring an entirely new approach to treating bowel cancer, and much more
- Stars such as Naomi Campbell, Noel Gallagher, Tom Hardy, Gillian Anderson, Idris Elba, Andy Murray, James Corden, Martin Freeman, Jamie Oliver, Richard Ayoade, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Peter Crouch, Abbey Clancy, Danny Dyer, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Lily James, Rosamund Pike, Sophie Turner, Stephen Graham, Toby Jones, Maya Jama, Joe Lycett and Roman Kemp are just some of the talent who have supported Stand Up To Cancer
To find out more about Stand Up To Cancer and how you can support, visit su2c.org.uk or channel4.co.uk/SU2C or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or TikTok